POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Use of povray functions to make fractals other than "famous" Mandelbrot with same scalability? : Re: Use of povray functions to make fractals other than "famous" Mandelbrot with same scalability? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of povray functions to make fractals other than "famous" Mandelbrot with same scalability?
From: mcavoys
Date: 2 May 2003 18:37:37
Message: <3eb2f2ff.107462092@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 2 May 2003 17:44:52 -0700, "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Yes, can one make a function of sorts that duplicates the fractal algorithm
>so that you'd have a pattern.

That's beyond me, though as Pov supports Mandelbrot and Julia sets I would think
that It might need to be patched to get other types. What type of Fractal do you
want? If you can do something with formulas then Fractint can give you lots.
http://spanky.triumf.ca/www/fractint/fractint.html

Andrew Coppin has been doing something with the Mandelbrot set that's not
available at his link :-{
Simen Kvaal did a beautiful Pickover attractor as well, I sigh with envy.

Regards
        Stephen