POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions : Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 2 May 2003 14:57:38
Message: <3eb2bfa2@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:51:59 +0200, Mark Weyer
> <wey### [at] informatikuni-freiburgde> wrote:
> > I might get killed for proposing something so inefficient
>
> Inefficent indeed. First of all there is a limited number of tokens to be used
> in one function. You can split function into subfunctions but number of
> constants used in functions is also limited in whole scene.

From the manual:
  The maximum number of function blocks per scene is 1048575.
  The maximum number of operators per function is about 200000. Individual limits
    will be different depending on the types of operators used in the function.
  The maximum depth for nesting functions is 1024.
  The maximum number of constants in all functions 1048575.

Although I will need lots of functions to complete my project, I doubt that I will
reach these limits. Maybe I can get into problems with the depth of nesting.

Jaap Frank