POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions : Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 2 May 2003 14:18:43
Message: <3eb2b683@news.povray.org>
news:3EB2A83A.72DC7B31@gmx.de...

> No, functions really don't support arrays.  They just support float
> constants which can be array elements.  This is an important thing to
> understand when working with functions.  Thinking 'it needs to know what
> the indices are at parse time' leads into the wrong direction.
>
> Christoph

Oops, I get answers when I'm typing an answer for another answer...

It was not clear for me what you mean with
   "No, functions really don't support arrays.",
but the answer of  Slime just below this answer of you made it clear
to me.
What I need should be a special function that can reach an array
during render time and the 'function system' of POV-ray don't have this
possibility at the moment. Is this by the way very difficult to implement?

Jaap Frank