POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Exporting POV objects to other 3D packages : Re: Exporting POV objects to other 3D packages Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting POV objects to other 3D packages
From: CB
Date: 24 Apr 2003 07:22:46
Message: <3ea7c906$1@news.povray.org>
news:3ea7bfa6@news.povray.org...
> CB <col### [at] nospamcouk> wrote:
> > Can POV objects be "converted" to, say, DXF meshes together with the
> > textures?

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povQandT/filesQandT.html#povtootherformatsd
ifficulty

Thanks for that link. Yes, the POVray scripting language has grown over the
years and I can see the problems here.

My model is simply constructed from a list of explicitly defined primitives,
so there is no looping or anything like that. In this case the problem would
be converting the POV primitives to triangle meshes. I had wondered if a
utility existed to do this, but I do agree that for the more general case it
would be even more difficult.