POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity problem when using conventional lightning : Re: Radiosity problem when using conventional lightning Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity problem when using conventional lightning
From: Mael
Date: 16 Apr 2003 10:05:05
Message: <3e9d6311@news.povray.org>
>   I don't really understand why it's more preferable to use a bright
> object as a light source for radiosity than using a light_source.
>   From my experience, using a light_source gives better lighting faster
> (no need for extreme radiosity settings).

The problem (as far as i understand it) is that he has a classical
light_source, but uses an object with high ambient, to 'materialize' the
light, and this high ambient is causing troubles with radiosity..

Maybe try a 2 pass rendering, first pass to compute the radiosity solution
in a scene without your high ambient objects, radiosity saved in a file.
Then second pass with always sample off, load radiosity from file, and scene
with your bright objects