POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Binary file I/O? : Binary file I/O? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Binary file I/O?
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 13 Apr 2003 09:08:50
Message: <3e996162@news.povray.org>
Just a quick one... Would it be possible to get POV-Ray to read/write binary
files? (As opposed to plain text?)

I think I remember seeing  character <==> ASCII code conversion functions
somewhere in the docs... POV-Ray doesn't do anything weird to the ASCII
codes you ask it to write does it? (Like LF -> CR/LF conversions and stuff.)

Why am I asking? Well, not content with making a microprocessor emulator
with the SDL, I'm now thinking about making a sound synthesiser, so I want
to be able to write .WAV files (which are of course binary!) I'm planning to
make an animation, and I want POV-Ray to synthesise the soundtrack...

Thanks.
Andrew.

(Inspired by "just a rhythemic doodle" - I can't quote the author's name
because my useless news reader has kindly deleted the thread for me.
[mutters random Micro$oft hate phrases])