POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Walking and turning : Walking and turning Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Walking and turning
From: Fingolfin
Date: 7 Apr 2003 21:52:52
Message: <3e922b74@news.povray.org>
This question seemed hard enough for the advanced users...

A bit ago I made a robot walker that would walk across flat terrain. I would
figure out which leg was on the ground, look at the angles, and use basic
trig to calculate how far it pushed the robot.

Even though the feet didn't slide, there were a number of problems. These
are listed in order of importance.

1. It couldn't turn.
2. It had to have at least one foot on the ground at all times so it
couldn't run realisticly.
3. It's body could be off center, so that it would fall over in real life.

Now, I want to make a more dynamic model, with non-uniform steps to make it
more realistic. Anything to make it's gait look more natural would help. I
am almose clueless on how to do it myself, so even just ideas would be nice
as well.

Thanks tons,
Fingolfin