POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Saving an object? : Re: Saving an object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving an object?
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 7 Apr 2003 12:32:19
Message: <3e91a812@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> As usually depends it depends on situation. Hard to say without knowing
> objects, environment, complexity of scene.

One thing I've done, that helps quite a bit, is calculating the posistions
where the objects should be placed along the spline in my python code.

so instead of doing something akin to.

#while(pos < end)
#declare d = d + distance_from_the_last_point;
#if (d > somenumber)
#declare d = 0;
//Do something
#end
#declare pos = pos + .0001
#end

Now I loop over an array of the positions. Helps quite a bit.