POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : --( Input/Output TEXT - Assign to Variables )-- : --( Input/Output TEXT - Assign to Variables )-- Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  --( Input/Output TEXT - Assign to Variables )--
Date: 19 Mar 2003 17:53:56
Message: <3e78f504@news.povray.org>
--------------( oo )--------------

I'm looking for a way to keep in memory some Variables over a frame state. I
tought using Input/Output text (.txt) as external parameters in POVRAY to
keep an initial state and reimport every state at the begining of each new
frame.

My problem is that I have scene state wich is the position of every state of
Cells on a Grid and I would like to be able to call back the previous state
of cells after each frames. This could be formatted in a .txt file.

Is there a way to Input/Output text and assign text elements to new
variables?
Is there a way to keep Variable defined over an animation?

I'm currently working on Cellular Automata and Genetic Algorithms. I'm
planning to use PovRay for renders. I have states wich is the position of
the elements in the scene. The previous state influence the second for each
frames.

Architecture CAAO Website[UDM]-
http://ps.dgtic.umontreal.ca:2050/data/p0034/site