POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What is HDRI? : Re: What is HDRI? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is HDRI?
From: T J Viking
Date: 4 Mar 2003 05:15:16
Message: <3e647cb4$1@news.povray.org>
> You gave the reason yourself.  Because it is a community.  Just making
> complaints without supporting them with actual arguments and proofs is not
> of any help.  Do you really think people actually using POV-Ray everyday
> can't complain about its shortcomings themselves?  What you said clearly
> places you outside the community.

I really appreciate what youve done to the community Chris,
but you simply not understanded my intentions...

My intention was to start talking about changes to the radiosity code.
Do not put that heavy work to one and only person... its undoable in
the current state of code - in my opinion most of the features rely on
structures used not only in radiosity code...

> I strongly suggest you reread my last post because following its
> suggestions will almost surely guarantee you friendly replies to your
> postings.

Your suggest leads to nowhere...
Many people was using GI in POV for years and know their problems better
than me and you. Let them speak about it if you even matter about "community".
It is not communism it is more like democracy - let other people have their
opinions and needs.

The matter is open... let the people speak, then start implementing.