POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Simple colour_map question : Simple colour_map question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:42 EDT (-0400)
  Simple colour_map question
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 15 Feb 2003 10:26:39
Message: <3e4e5c2f@news.povray.org>
Suppose I declare a colour_map. Is there a way to read a colour out of the
map? In other words, is there a way I can feed in a nindex value and find
the corresponding colour?

The docs say I can fetch the colour of a point out of a texture, but what
I'm asking for is one step simpler than that... Any ideas folks?

Andrew.

PS. Yes, I *know* it's possible to do the linear interpolation manually, but
it's a pain to keep typing this stuff...