POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : <sighs> Cornflower rows : Re: <sighs> Cornflower rows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <sighs> Cornflower rows
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 11 Feb 2003 07:46:16
Message: <3e48f098@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> Does anyone know of an algorithmic way to determine which are the nearest
> neighbors to any particular point?
> Does anyone know of another, close-enough algorithm that would have a more
> straightforward way of determining this?

Hi Greg,

The code I posted (see 'Convex Hull macro ...' thread on p.b.i and
p.b.s-f) will return the points, nearest neighbour connections and
triangles of the convex hull of an array of points. Given co-spherical
points, it gives the 'best' triangulation of the points.

I also posted a file called 'subrandom.inc' which has macros to produce
three sub-random sequences, one of which is the Golden Mean sequence you
are using, mapped to a square, circle or spherical surface.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.