POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : curled paper : Re: curled paper Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curled paper
From: hughes, b
Date: 23 Jan 2003 17:10:30
Message: <3e306856$1@news.povray.org>
"paul jones" <pdj### [at] psuedu> wrote in message
> OK, this may not be advanced.... but....
>
> How can I make a piece of paper with one curled corner and place an image
> map on it so that the image follows the curl? For the life of me I cannot
> figure out how to do this. I am modelling the paper as a mesh in Rhino and
> the image map always looks terrible.

Not exactly a real "advanced" question but certainly not basic to many
people.

I think you'd have a easy time doing the paper out of bicubic_patch then uv
map onto it. I never have uv mapped onto a mesh before. But unless you need
details like crumples and tears that's what I would use. The docs explain it
in either the UV Mapping section (6.6.7).
I haven't used Rhino but I thought it might export the texture already on
it. No idea really.
--
Farewell,
Bob