POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Waterdrops on Glass... How? : Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How?
From: KalleK
Date: 15 Jan 2003 14:06:05
Message: <3e25b11d$1@news.povray.org>
> Don't. This will not work properly: the ray will never leave the object
> if it goes through an area that was clipped away, and won't enter the
> object properly from the glass side.
Well... was just an idea... - I used something like this when I modeled a
closed glass with halfway water and halfway air - there are some
"conincident-surface" problems...

> The correct solution is simpler,
> just overlap the objects.
Is this really correct? There is this border of my drop, sitting in the
window-glas...
Or is it just a good looking workaround?

Greetings, Kalle