POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Waterdrops on Glass... How? : Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Jan 2003 19:56:42
Message: <3e24b1ca$1@news.povray.org>
Why don't you like it? I've heard several rumours about
french people and languages... They like to stick to theirs... ;-)

In some respect, germans are much the same. Some are
really against incorporating english words into the known german
vocabulary. And sometimes, things get messed up. For example,
cell-phones are called "Handy", but ask any american, they
wouldn't know what we're referring to, unless they're told.

About that math-stuff... I think, if I sit down, I could solve it,
though perhaps not strictly by the rules given in the paper. Especially
that modelling part about angles of the water-droplets and such would
be quite difficult, I think.

But right now, I'm not really in the mood to dig into that. There's a lot
of scientific papers floating on my harddrive, waiting to be implemented
in one way or the other... Next week perhaps... ;-)
No, seriously, I do like the idea of this, might be a very useful addition
to lots of realistic scenes. I've actually found some MPEG showing off
what the code is capable of:
http://www.eml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/member/staff/kin/publications/JVCA
As I'm posting this, the page can't be accessed, don't know why. Perhaps
back online tomorrow.

We'll see who gets to implement this first. That wave-algorithm Rune
and then Christopher Hormann (if I'm not mistaken, was at least a
Christopher :-) implemented was something I wanted to do as well...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde