POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : mesh : Re: mesh Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 14 Jan 2003 13:04:24
Message: <3e245128@news.povray.org>
For translation, simply add/subtract vectors to the vertices.
For scale, simply multiply the vertices with a float, or, for uneven
scaling, with another vector.
For rotation, use vrotate(), look in the docs to find its use. Simply
put, instead of using
object{Object rotate My_Vector}
 you apply
vrotate(Vertex,My_Vector)
and get the same result (sort of, you've just applied it to one vertex,
not all of em).

May I ask where you get you're vertex-data from? I'm about to release
some mesh-modelling-macros of mine, which take a 2D-Array filled with
vertices, and build almost anything from that...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde