POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Waterdrops on Glass... How? : Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterdrops on Glass... How?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 13 Jan 2003 19:42:29
Message: <3e235cf5@news.povray.org>

3e2356df$1@news.povray.org...
> Hm. Seems like I'm not raising much attention with this question,
> eh?

Can't help, I've had this little problem for years and I was never able to
solve it properly. Nothing I tried seemed to work as it should.  See :
http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/images/abeillesdetail2.jpg

The main issue, though, is less the surface problem than the distribution of
the droplets themselves. Ideally, their position should be the product of a
dynamic process, so that simple random positionning always seems wrong.
Perhaps Rune's particle system could help, I don't know. Blobs doesn't
behave like real water either, which is another problem.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com