POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bounding Spheres : Re: Bounding Spheres Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding Spheres
From: Micha Riser
Date: 29 Dec 2002 17:28:20
Message: <3e0f7703@news.povray.org>
Kevin Loney wrote:

> subject, but all I could find was a bit of really poorly documented code
> and a couple of brief mentions of Welzl's algorithm for computing bounding
> volumes. Anyone have any thoughts on a method of finding this? so far I

Hey! That Welzl is a professor at my university! I even had a lecture with
him... So I did a bit research about this algorithm you mentioned.
Following the link on Welzl's page (http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/emo/) I
found this: "Smallest enclosing disks (balls and ellipsoids)":
 http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/emo/ps-files/SmallEnclDisks-LNCS555.ps

Haven't read through it but maybe it's useful for you

- Micha

--
objects.povworld.org - The POV-Ray Objects Collection
book.povworld.org    - The POV-Ray Book Project