POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Infernal rotations with Reorient: : Infernal rotations with Reorient: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:33:05 EDT (-0400)
  Infernal rotations with Reorient:
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 24 Dec 2002 22:39:47
Message: <3e092883$1@news.povray.org>
My favorite macro is Reorient, but I'm always annoyed at how it will rotate
an object along its axis as it reorients it.  What is more annoying is a
fix:

given a camlook_at variable and the camloke variable,  I was reorienting a
camera and found the annoying rotation:

//#declare cameratransform=transform{ Reorient (z,camlook_at-camloke)
translate camloke}

However, this gives the response I'm looking for, even if it is
mathematically  close.

#declare cameratransform=transform{ Reorient (z,seedirn*<1,0,1>) Reorient
(seedirn*<1,0,1>,seedirn)translate camloke}