POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help needed! Forest memory problems : Re: Help needed! Forest memory problems - I give up! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed! Forest memory problems - I give up!
From: Tek
Date: 20 Dec 2002 03:56:37
Message: <3e02db45@news.povray.org>
Yep, I tried that too. It took most of last evening to rewrite the
transformation code, but once I had it still had all the same problems as
when it had been 1 mesh per leaf. My foliage include is just a 5 meg mesh.

Though my rewrite of the branch code works fine, so if I want lots of bare
trees there's no problem. :(

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

> Tek wrote:
> >
> > Well I no longer have the code that didn't work, plus I'm not sure how
Gilles