POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help needed! Forest memory problems : Re: Help needed! Forest memory problems - I give up! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed! Forest memory problems - I give up!
From: Tek
Date: 19 Dec 2002 20:08:52
Message: <3e026da4@news.povray.org>
Well I no longer have the code that didn't work, plus I'm not sure how Gilles
would feel about me distributing my modified version of his code. But you might
want to try this:

If you have maketree you can probably recreate my problem using the second
example tree (extree2.pov), provided you don't use the branches ('cause they're
not meshes).

Set it to output files (dofile = true), then run it so it produces 3 files.

Create a new scene that declares an object as:
#declare tree = #include "gtfoliage2.inc"

And then try placing 8000 instances of that object in a loop. In theory you
should experience the same difficulties I do, though if not I'd be interested to
know because it would indicate some other problem in my scene.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com