POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 29 Nov 2002 10:16:49
Message: <3de784e1@news.povray.org>
Hi Christoph,

The cos-theta distribution on the hemisphere is given by creating an
even distribution on a unit circle and then projecting up or down to a
unit hemisphere.

You can see this by taking a copy of the radiosity sample array, editing
it to pov syntax and including it in a small scene which puts a sphere
at the <X,Y,0> points. If you do an animation which adds 1 or a few
sample positions each frame you can see how the distribution builds up.

Mike Andrews.