POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray without GUI : Re: POV-Ray without GUI Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray without GUI
From: James Orr
Date: 26 Nov 2002 23:20:29
Message: <3de4480d@news.povray.org>
You can use a unix version and not compile in the X libaries. Also, I think
some people have had success with compiling the unix source with cygwin for
windows (after mucking with the code to a degree).

I wanted the same thing so I compiled the unix code (after a couple of
headaches). Also read section 1.9.1 in the manual that my be easier (/EXIT).
This still starts the GUI but you can run from the cmd-line and it will exit
when done.