POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Frosted light globes : Re: Frosted light globes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frosted light globes
From: Slime
Date: 25 Nov 2002 21:51:27
Message: <3de2e1af$1@news.povray.org>
> I tried using circular area lights with the orient keyword, but it
> didn't help much and slowed the scene down way too much. I made the area
> lights cover the same volume as the lightbulb does and used 3*3 lights.

Did you use adaptive?

I'd try something like

area_light
x*size, y*size, 9, 9
// large number of samples only makes a difference
// in soft shadowed areas because of adaptive

circular orient
adaptive 1
// try 0 if it doesn't create shadow artifacts, 'cause that'll be faster.
// 1 is usually pretty safe.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]