POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity, gray_threshold 0%=0!=off Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity, gray_threshold 0%=0!=off
From: hughes, b
Date: 20 Nov 2002 13:44:15
Message: <3ddbd7ff@news.povray.org>

> > Why is gray_threshold at 0 (off)? Are you trying to prevent color bleed,
> > thus perhaps dark things into the light? Something I'm unsure would be
> > affective or not.
>
> gray_threshold at 0 leads to maximum colour-bleed doesn't it? Not 'off'

Oops. I think I see my mistake. I have been misinterpreting the
documentation on it. Been using very low non-zero values for it all this
time. The part where it says:

"At 0%, this feature does nothing. At 100%, you always get white/gray
ambient light, with no hue."

Obviously it must actually be saying that 0 is same as default and so makes
no change. This could need a rewording because what I think it really means
is that 0% (=0?) is that gray_threshold is not active and thereby not
applying graying. Or something to that effect.

Sure am glad you questioned me about that.