POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles : Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity flouroescent lighting troubles
From: hughes, b
Date: 20 Nov 2002 00:04:15
Message: <3ddb17cf@news.povray.org>
"Rohan Bernett" <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having with illuminating my
> scene with flourescent lights using radiosity.
>
> I'm re-creating my living room in pov-ray, and the problem I'm having is
> with the radiosity illumination of the flourescent lights. The lights are
> basically made using 160*2.5 cm cylinders with white pigment and high
> ambient.

You could try using a high diffuse value, since that is what radiosity will
be working with instead of the ambient. Although it isn't likely to be
completely right without actual light sources.
Your error_bound might have to be 1/10 to help with blotchiness. Your count
is pretty high, seems to me anyway because I typically use a count of under
1000 or even under 500.
Why is gray_threshold at 0 (off)? Are you trying to prevent color bleed,
thus perhaps dark things into the light? Something I'm unsure would be
affective or not.
--
Farewell,
Bob