POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photons and Media Creation / Reaction : Photons and Media Creation / Reaction Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Photons and Media Creation / Reaction
From: GMC
Date: 14 Nov 2002 01:25:39
Message: <3dd341e3@news.povray.org>
I've been using Moray and Povray for years however for the life of me I
cannot seem to get the photon or Media functions to work. I've look for a
good tutorial but can't find any. I'm hoping someone can point me in the
right direction in the way of a either a tutorial or some really simple
directions. Once I know how to make it work simply I can figure out the
advanced functions.

SO the simplest thing I can see to make would be a spotlight that reacts
with dust or smoke in the air. Were you actually see the cone of light as it
shine down from the source to the target. Moray says you have to create a
media file in textures, but it gives you no idea on how to do so or how to
apply it. I'm using Moray 3.3 and the Beta 3.5 with Povray 3.5.

Any suggestions or directions would be greatly.. GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Greg