POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Blobs in Macros... : Re: Blobs in Macros... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs in Macros...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Oct 2002 15:54:05
Message: <3dbc526d@news.povray.org>
I don't get. In the file I tried it with, it never worked.
Then, I remodeled it, in order to use several
cylinders and spheres instead of blobbing components.

After Warp asked for a small example, I fiddled with
an example, and it worked. Thus, I went back to the
scene-file and experimented with it, trying to get back
to the state when I tried to use blob-components in
the macro.

And now it works. I must have screwed up something pretty
bad, seems like it does work after all. Perhaps I had a
closing bracket somewhere, and when the first particle
was placed, POV thought the blob-object was complete,
tried to put a sphere, and then found the strength-variable,
which isn't required in a simple sphere...

I promise, the next time I'll be more thorough. sorry for any
troubles I caused, and thanks for your concern...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias