POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Managing Complexity : Re: Managing Complexity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Managing Complexity
From: Slime
Date: 23 Oct 2002 16:52:22
Message: <3db70c06@news.povray.org>
> Anyway, clearly this doesn't bother anyone else. So I was just
wondering...
> how do you folks build complex scenes who's sources can still be read and
> modified?

Usually, my scenes end up having the following structure:

// so that i can remove certain elements for fast renders, i usually put
these in here...
#declare usethisthing = yes;
#declare usethatthing = no;
#declare usetheotherthing = yes;

#declare skymediacolor = <.3,.3,1>;
#declare skymediatype = 2;
// ...and more variables that make quick modification of the scene easy

camera {
location <blah,blah,blah>
// insert 10 other commented out locations here
look_at 0
}

// light sources here

#if (usethisthing)