POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Whats wrong with this isosurface ? : Whats wrong with this isosurface ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Whats wrong with this isosurface ?
From: Peter Lang
Date: 22 Oct 2002 18:13:15
Message: <3db5cd7b$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I am just trying to understand the function of isosurface .
As I understand the surface of an object is just there where the function
get zero
So I get a simple sphere with the following:
isosurface {  function { pow(x,2) + pow(y,2) + pow(z,2) - 1   }

But I thougt if I take the funktion to the sqare there should be no
difference
because the square of zero is still zero
But
isosurface {  function { pow( (pow(x,2) + pow(y,2) + pow(z,2) - 1) ,2)  }
gives no object.
please tell me why

peter