POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Air resistance : Re: Quick Check... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick Check...
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 4 Oct 2002 05:55:13
Message: <3d9d6581@news.povray.org>
Mmm... ok, well let's say I want my particle to loose 30% of it's velocity
every second (that's probably too much, but just for example). So, if a time
step is 1 second long, I want the damping to be 30%. If it's 2 seconds, I
want it to be 30% squared... So, I'm guessing something like 30 ^ (time step
in seconds). Seem reasonable? Once I know how much velocity the particle
should loose during this step, I can just use V = V * (1 - k) to remove it.

Opinions?
Andrew.