POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Have I missed something? : Re: Have I missed something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have I missed something?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 3 Oct 2002 09:36:49
Message: <3d9c47f1@news.povray.org>
"Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote in message
> Oh right... Triangle meshes eh? So I take it POV-Ray does some kinda magic
> trick to smooth out the edges and make the shapes look "rounded" when in

Yep, the normals of the triangles are adjusted to "curve" the them. That said,
we are talking about a lot of very small triangles.

> from medical imaging scans or something? (Presumably Poser doesn't magic
> data out of thin air ;-)

Well, I don't know what the original source of the poser figures is - scanning?
modelling? other? - but basically poser allows you to position the limbs on a
figure, using either the mouse or a series of sliders. You can see the changes
take place in real-time in front of you, and I-K is used to constrain the
movements to a reasonable approx. of reality.

Where are you Andrew? If you're interested, I can send you a copy of a magazine
distrib. for Poser 3.