POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Have I missed something? : Re: Have I missed something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have I missed something?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 3 Oct 2002 08:11:23
Message: <3d9c33eb$1@news.povray.org>
"Andrew Coppin" <orp### [at] btinternetcom> wrote in message

> How the hell do you make a human figure out of spheres and cylinders?!? Have

You don't (well, you can, and then there is blobman).

Human figures in general are meshes - basically a load of very small triangles
stiched together and an image-map applied to them. The figures are modelled
using Poser (version 3 is given away regularily on CG mags cover disks), and
then converted to mesh format using 3dWin.

Just to give you an idea of the number of triangles involved, a typical poser
mesh is 4mb.