POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crazy signitures : Re: Crazy signitures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy signitures
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 2 Oct 2002 04:38:48
Message: <3d9ab098@news.povray.org>
As I said guys, I know that compilers must _exist_ for other platforms (what
with the number of C programmers they want for Windows projects and so
forth)... Actually, now I strain my brain a bit, we used a Borland C++
compiler at college (DOS-based thingy - but then, we were using Win 3.11
anyway!) But let's face it, you'd be hard pressed to find a Linux distro
with no C compiler; how many Windows install CDs have one? ;-) How many
*free* ones are there? Linux (and probably UNIX) is just _built_ to compile
C; Windows needs more effort. (In many other things too... ;-)

Andrew.
"If there's one thing more complicated than C, it's UNIX!"

PS. Drifting kinda off-topic here ;-)