POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crazy signitures : Re: Crazy signitures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy signitures
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 1 Oct 2002 12:20:25
Message: <3d99cb49@news.povray.org>
> I believe the origin of such craziness is from "The International
Obfuscated
> C Code Contest" <http://www.ioccc.org/>

I think the very *existence* of the IOCCC is a statment about the mentality
of C programmers... (Bloody weirdos!) I keep having these nightmares that
one day I'll wake up and discover I've become a C programmer...

(Of course, programming in Java can hardly be considered sane either! But
it's mainly the class library that's bizzare, not the actuall language...)

> Now, most programming languages has some obfuscated code showing :-)
> Even Perl, which is quite obfuscated in its natural state ;-)

Oooo... Can't stand Perl!

> > PS. I gotta get me one! :-|
>
> Me too :-) I just have to start working on it, creating a short scene then
> compressing it.

Mmm... with my years of experience of fractal geometry and iterated systems,
_surely_ I can come up with something ;-)

Andrew.