POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Inverse Square Law : Re: Inverse Square Law Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse Square Law
From: James Taylor
Date: 29 Sep 2002 19:23:44
Message: <3d978b80@news.povray.org>
> Andrew Coppin wrote:
>
> > So I take it a 1C is a fairly large charge then? (I remember hearing
that 1
> > Farrid is larger than any capacitor ever built - "built" being the
word!)

I used to work at the fusion research center here in the UK, and my office
was litterally meters from a room where they had 1000's huge caps - each
about 25cm in diameter. anyway they would charge them up and discharge them
through the plasma to induce currents of 1+ mega-Amps (hence the name MAST -
mega Amp spherical tokomak)

jim