POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media photons : Re: Media photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media photons
From: Slime
Date: 25 Sep 2002 13:06:32
Message: <3d91ed18$1@news.povray.org>
> So I was wondering... Is the media photons feature supposed to work?
> Or did they implement it so that in 10 years' time there will be
> computers powerful enough to do it? My machine is a 1.4GHz AMD with
> 256MB of RAM - hardly low spec!

I used media photons heavily in this image:

http://www.slimeland.com/images/pictures/realwater.jpg

Just make sure your maximum number of media photons is as low as possible
(try 50 for starters), and reduce the spacing enough.

Try it on a smaller container at first to get the hang of it.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]