POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : mesh2 transparency request : mesh2 transparency request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2 transparency request
From: Jeremy Wilson
Date: 19 Sep 2002 15:31:53
Message: <3d8a2629$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I currently have a program that ouputs mesh2 objects and adds texture
info to them.  Unfortunately, my textures are standard Windows BMP
files.  Since BMP files don't support an alha channel, so parts of the
bitmap that are supposed to be transparent are not.  If I could tell my
program to output PNG files I would but I can't at this time.

So...what I would like to know is who do I make a feature request to?
What I would like to see is an option to specify "transmit color <R,G,
B> .5" or something like that to tell POV-Ray, when you see this color
in the texture, pretend its 50% transparent.  Does that make sense?

Currently, POV-Ray only supports "transmit all x.x", but I don't want to
filter ALL of the texture, just one specific color of the texture.  If
there is another way of going about doing this and I am just not
understanding the documentation correctly, someone please feel free to
offer advice :-)

Respectfully,
Mitselplik

Post a reply to this message