POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity-Patches : Radiosity-Patches Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity-Patches
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 Sep 2002 03:53:36
Message: <3d804800@news.povray.org>
I've been fiddling with radiosity a lot more these last days and
weeks than I have before POV 3.5, but there are still
some things which elude me...

What are the actual options I need to set in order to get
smaller patches? I've rendered a scene with an emitting
sphere and a glass-sphere, and I got some caustics-like
effect (expected), but I've also got some brighter spots
way off the glass-sphere (not expected) and very visible
patches (not aimed for).

Simply put, the documentation does a fine job in explaining
the different options and their impact on samples, color
etc, but I don't get the overall method that POV uses.

So, can either someone point me to a section in the docs
which I've overseen, or explain some more in detail how it
works?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

--