POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spring-Algorithm : Re: Spring-Algorithm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spring-Algorithm
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 10 Sep 2002 14:12:25
Message: <3d7e3609@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the suggested search topics! Looks like
I've got to read A LOT! :-)

But I've been experimenting a little these days, and I've
found that using repulsion-systems to stay away from inter-
sections and springs to keep single hairs in a stable length
doesn't work too well (way too slow).

I thought about cooking an algorithm which at least takes
care that a hair is bent correctly and stays out of other,
simple objects. Hair-Hair-Interaction isn't a necessity.

Anyone got any good (and free) spring algorithms with
good explanations so that I know what to do to make them
"softer" / less rigid?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde