POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spring-Algorithm : Re: Spring-Algorithm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spring-Algorithm
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 Sep 2002 21:17:48
Message: <3d7aa53c@news.povray.org>
> > Do I need to have that low a moving distance and
> > that high iteration? And isn't mass-speed lost
> > with more iterations?
>
> That sounds very confused, could you rephrase your question?

I want to avoid heavy oscillation, but still have a string swing nicely
back and forth. Right now, by strings either oscillate violently and
swing back and forth, or they move smoothly, but come to an almost
complete stop when settling to a hanging-state.

The more iterations I take (and moving the nodes much less per
iteration), the smoother everything moves, but the less swinging I get.

Swinging isn't too bad, cause I want to calculate hair for stills anyway,
but I'd like to try some more stuff with springs, and thus, I need
some more insight...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde