POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pixel coords? : Re: Pixel coords? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixel coords?
From: Pandora
Date: 2 Sep 2002 09:32:01
Message: <3d736851@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> > You have the right and up vectors of the camera and the image_width
> > and image_height constants.  This should be enough to calculate the
> > position.
>
> Thanks! I solved it with the "right" vector and I had to try different
> angles.
> Apparently this works:
>
> camera {
>    orthographic
>    right 1*x
>    location -1*z
>    look_at 0
>    angle 90
> }

    Wouldn't you be better off with :

camera {
   orthographic
   right image_width*x
   up image_height*y
   location -1*z
   look_at 0
}

    then, you'll get a constant mapping of 1povunit=1pixel no matter what
the resolution you render at ?

(I haven't tested this, btw, so I could be wrong...)

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.