POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Truck and trailer : Re: Truck and trailer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truck and trailer
From: Pandora
Date: 27 Aug 2002 16:38:26
Message: <3d6be342@news.povray.org>
"Thomas van der Veen" <tho### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> "Pandora" <pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote in
> > also the trailer will pivot
> > around it's center of gravity (which you can probably safely assume is
> > at the intersection of two diagonals of the bounding rectangle of the
> > plan view of the main body of the trailer (unless it's a really oddly
> > shaped trailer))...
>

> hmmm I thought it would turn on it's axle. Otherwise the wheels would
still
> move sideways.

    hmm... you could be right... no, center of gravity... no axel... no
c.o.g... no, axel... but what about trailers with 4 wheels.... no c.o.g...
no... Ah, damn it, when I wrote that I was certain I was right, now I just
don't know.... I think it's round the center of gravity, and the wheels do
move sideways - think about the case where you've got a trailer with 4 (or
more) wheels, but I'm not certain anymore...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.