POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Truck and trailer : Re: Truck and trailer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truck and trailer
From: hughes b
Date: 27 Aug 2002 09:16:35
Message: <3d6b7bb3$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas" <tho### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message

> How does a trailer follow the car/truck that is pulling it through bends,
is
> there some magic formula for it? All I can figure out is that the angle
> between the two is related to the length of the trailer but beyond that
I'm
> a bit lost.
>
> Is it clear what I'm asking?

Yes. I don't know the solution though.

The hitch point should shift based on the change of direction of the pulling
vehicle's front wheels while the rear wheel axle center acts as a pivot
point, maybe. I think you'd use the angle from along centerline of front to
rear wheels and match that for the trailer hitch to its wheels as though the
hitch were a front wheel.