POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making plants : Re: Making plants Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making plants
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 8 Aug 2002 10:57:00
Message: <3d5286bc@news.povray.org>
In terms of object-modelling:
Many use meshes for leafs, flowers and
such, and CSG (cones, spheres, cylinder)
for stems and trunks.

Making the modelling process very script-based
is kinda difficult I believe. Though you can easily
script several different leafs, petals etc to interpolate
with, actually sticking it all together isn't that easy
if you wish to have very different looking plants.

And I imagine using only POV can result in very
slow object-creation...

---
Tim Nikias