POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bug with defined() ? : Bug with defined() ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Bug with defined() ?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 Aug 2002 11:44:42
Message: <3d4d4bea$1@news.povray.org>
When attempting to read an empty file (the file is
there, but containing not a single character)
like this:
#read (File, _PreviouslyUndeclared)

I'd expect defined(_PreviouslyUndeclared) to return
false.
It doesn't.

If I check the file before any reading with defined(File),
I get a true, after attempt to read, I get false, but
not only when the file is empty, but also when reading
the last data.

E.g.: A file filled with 3 vectors. If I check defined(File)
before and after reading, I get 3 true for the check before,
but only two true for the check after reading.
Checking if (_PreviouslyUndeclared) is defined results in
true all the time.

So. Is this really what I should expect?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde