POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Finding unknown coordinates : Re: Finding unknown coordinates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding unknown coordinates
From: hughes b
Date: 4 Aug 2002 06:58:47
Message: <3d4d08e7@news.povray.org>
I think you could use vtransform() macro from transforms.inc [take a look at
the Scene Help at section 7.19]. By using that you should get a final
vector, I believe, and then use it to do a further change. Speak up please,
anyone, if I'm mistaken.

You might also try declaring your transformation stuff into a 'transform'
statement. Not sure what your whole scene is doing but if that is reused a
lot it could be beneficial, I'm not sure how the multiple instances would
behave as far as parse times go.

P.S.

BTW, if you are out there reading this *ingo* and you are still
neverendingly cleaning the Help files up... I see a typo in that vtransform
macro part of section 7.19. The word "tranlate", missing a "s".

Elsewhere, the Point_At_Trans(YAxis) has the word Axis to describe the
workings of that macro and it seems to me it should still be saying YAxis
instead. Checking the include file, that also states it as Axis and not
YAxis in the comment. Maybe only a matter of how you interprete things but I
thought of it as another different "axis" at first read.

Also the Axial_Scale_Trans(Axis, Amt) part has a non-blue Amt in the
description, needing a <code>Amt</code> as I look at the source just now.

Lets see, what else might there be... oh yeah...  :-)
Reorient_Trans(Axis1, Axis2). The part:
Axis2 = Vectors to be rotated towards. Plural of vector, is that right (or
wrong)?

Sorry to be picking out so much in so little space of the Scene Help at this
point in time. Somebody has to I guess. Most the time I scan over things so
quick I am lucky to catch mistakes.