POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lens flares without third party addons : Re: Lens flares without third party addons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lens flares without third party addons
From: Tom Melly
Date: 30 Jul 2002 11:46:09
Message: <3d46b4c1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3d469887@news.povray.org...

>   Well, POV-Ray itself is not made by you, yet still you use its features.

Well, I don't "make" the wood or the saw, but I would justifiably be more proud
of making, say, a table rather than buying one in a shop.

We do these things because a) we learn something we would not otherwise learn
and b) because it's fun.

I don't need to write my own mandlebrot generator, but by doing so I understand
more about fractals than if I just buy someone else's program or use a built-in
pattern in pov.

But then you knew that really ;)