POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : stack overflow : Re: stack overflow Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stack overflow
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Jul 2002 04:22:15
Message: <3d328637@news.povray.org>
In article <3d3249eb@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   The maximum allowed max_trace_level was lowered in 3.5 in order to
> avoid the stack overflow problem, but it seems that it didn't help after
> all...

No, it does help, but it is still possible to find ways to exceed this
limit.  Nobody ever said it would now never be exceeded.  It only prevents
people from setting it to 100000 and place two perfect mirrors in a scene
and wait for the crash.

Of course, we could reduce the limit to 5 or 6 and it would always work, but
I doubt that would be in anybodies best interest...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde