POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction? : Re: How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction?
From: Jim Kress
Date: 12 Jul 2002 13:36:46
Message: <3d2f13ae$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Ron.

Got another question for you.  In a triangle mesh, only the x,y,z
coordinates of the verticies are given for each triangle.  How does povray
establish the numbering of the associated verticies?  I need to find a good
way to asign numerical indicies to verticies so I can specify a triangle by
giving its vertex numbers (VRML requires this information).  Any suggestions
how I can do this?

Thanks.

JIm